- Category: News Teamspeak 3 Client
- Read Time: 4 mins
=== Client Release 3.0.6 - 20 Apr 2012
+ Added temporary server passwords, see contextmenu on server. Temporary
passwords are valid for a specified period of time and work in addition to
the permanent server password. The server requires a permanent passwords
set, else temporary passwords have no effect. Needs server 3.0.3 or above.
+ Plugin API updated to 16
+ Added context menu "Paste & Send" in chat line.
+ The away message is now shown beside nickname.
+ Added multiselection for "Permissions > Channel Groups > Clients", the DEL
key works too.
+ Added ban reason sorting.
+ Added line markers for each chat line. Can be disabled via chat display
context menu (default is enabled).
+ Added ability to delete other clients avatar if b_client_avatar_delete_other
is set. Requires server 3.0.3 or above.
+ Removed the confusing soundpack "None".
+ Added animated gif support for avatar and channel description. Can be
toggled in Settings->Options->Design (default is enabled).
+ Added new permission b_client_request_talker, this allows clients to
request talk power. Requires server 3.0.3 or above.
+ Added news browser, meant to point users to new features in the client.
* Added name of the user who granted talk power to the message: "Talk power
granted by X".
* Utilities (update, error_report and package_installer) are now dynamically
* Plugin API changes: Added setPluginMenuEnabled, requestClientIDs,
onClientIDsEvent, onClientIDsFinishedEvent. Removed pluginEvent and
getAPIVersion. Removed plugin_events.h header.
* Added plugin hotkeys, see test plugin for details
* Added version string to uninstall registry entries for display in Windows
deinstall system control panel.
* Phonetic name can now be pre- defined per identiy but still be overwritten in
* ts3server:// links can now be entered into the Connect dialog. Values from
this link will overwrite existing values from the dialog.
* Collected URLs are now saved in binary file instead of ini, much faster.
* Display server/channel group icons in group list of permissions window.
* All clients list can now also be searched by client unique identifier.
- Fixed contextmenu in chat on ts3server links
- Fixed opening the privilege key dialog without having the permission to see
the key list and also then, all created keys will be shown until the dialog
has been closed or list has been reloaded.
- Minor UI overhaul of privilege key list and add dialog.
- Fixed adding a custom ban even without the permission to list. When adding a
ban a dialog will show if the ban could be inserted.
- Empty ban list no longer shows "Insufficient permissions to view bans"
- Fixed opening URLs with different char encoding e.g. ISO 8859-1 (Latin-1)
having '%F6' instead of '�' in filename.
- Fixed opening text chat from a received poke on correct server.
- Fixed no colors in multiline messages.
- Fixed invitation if privilege key contains a plus sign.
- Fixed special HTML characters (<, > etc) getting lost in chat history
- Fixed special HTML characters in client description
- Clear old server log when connecting to a new server in the server log view
- Changed behaviour of the last tabs close button.
- Fixed broken avatar template values.
- Fixed poke message size limit when message includes URL(s).
- Fixed writing and reading chatlog history. Please backup or delete old chat
logs to start clean or you might feel some strange delay.
- Fixed bookmarks manager reporting unsaved changes.
- Fixed copying nicknames from chat if they contain whitespaces.
- Removed some repetitive settings from options dialog which are also
accessible via contextmenus in the client mainwindow.
- Adjusted client for anti-flood settings fix for server version 3.0.3.
- Fixed an assert with animated images.
- Removed animation of group icons.
- Sorting of server- and channelgroups should behave the same even with
identical sortID everywhere in the client.
- Added Delete keyboard shortcut to subscriptions dialog to remove entries
- Volume control plugin overhaul
- Fixed possibly invalid grant value displayed in permission overhaul
- Removed "Export to PDF" in permission overhaul
- Cleaned up client, channel and server info templates. Added list of all
replacable variables to templates so user can easily restore the removed
information with own templates.
- Removed clientID column from all-clients list
- Fixed banners not reloading anymore when the image was not available.
- Fixed bookmark drag&drop issues on Mac.
- Fixed crash when trying to send an offline message via fake link.
- Fixed copy and paste when text contains an image object.
- Fixed saving first-start-bookmark for not using hotkeys on a temporary uuid.
- Fixed hotkey toggle/activate/deactivate plugin.
- Fixed minor issues using animated gifs.
- Added workaround for G35 sound driver issue (voice only on right site)